Monday, November 2, 2009

If Barely Controlled Anger Were Wishes, Berkleys Would Ride

Or is it, if anger were horses, wishers would beg?  Or if horses rode Berkleys, someone would die?  Okay, so trying to alter that old saying doesn't really make sense, on reflection.  Also, if you don't know Berkley is my maiden name, also not very clear.  Did I mention the anger, not quite boiling but close?


I need to find a middle ground.  I'm either trying to please everyone, think of things from every angle, every view point, or I am car-off-a-cliff-stomp-baby-caterpillars-cuss-in-front-of-the-children mad.  I think that's why my blood pressure is too high and I've picked up a good twenty pounds in the past year.  I'm trying to put them down, but they appear to be stuck firmly to my ass.

You know that Three Stooges move, where Curly (?) wipes/slaps his hands down his face, turns around on one heel and goes "whub whub whub"?  Feel kind of like that.  "Hey, Screaming, how's it going?"  "Oh, all right."  TRANSLATION:  "I'm trying not to bite anyone, at least not before lunch.  Stand back a bit, will ya?  My teeth are itching."

1 comment:

  1. Just neigh at me when you need space and I will trot away and come back another day! :)

    ReplyDelete