Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cat tries to up his lifetime ER vet total, yet again...

So I have a cat who will attempt to eat anything that is either a plant or that is long and stringlike.

1. ER vet at night after discovering him looking queasy after dismembering a fleece ribbon toy.  Extensive x-rays prove he didn't manage to swallow any of it.

2. Regular vet all day plus ER vet overnight after he ate an Asiatic lily.  Flushed kidneys for 24 hours. Luckily none the worse for wear.

3. Tonight I am bathing the kids when I hear from downstairs.  "Yuck!  What is that?!?!?  [Cat'sName]!  What did you DO?"  Turns out he took advantage of a little quiet time to take a closer look at my witch hat, the one festooned with long streamers of netting.  Based on the goo evident on one of the streamers, he managed to get about a foot of it down his throat before abandoning the experiment.  No ER, but he did try.  E for effort?

Seriously, is the cat that stupid, or is he some kind of McGuyver of the feline world, trying to store up useful items for his next mission?  He's lucky that a) I love cats, b) I love THIS cat particularly, and c) that I didn't have to take him to the ER.  Free cat, anyone?  Not a picky eater!

[No cats or witch hats were seriously harmed during the writing of this post.  But if the kitty doesn't stop rubbing and nipping at my arm while I type, someone small, black, and fuzzy will be strongly discouraged from occupying my air space...]

No comments:

Post a Comment