Saturday, November 28, 2009

Putting the X in Xmas

We put up our Christmas decorations every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  We don't go shopping, or even leave the house if we can help it.  It's just how we roll.

Anyhoo, we were busily decorating the tree.  It always ends up with one person delegated to put a hook on each ornament, and everyone else to hang the ornaments.  First DH was putting the hooks on, then DD, then me.

DD says, matter-of-factly:  "Mom is the head hooker."

"What?"

"You know, hooker.  She's hooking the fastest of all of us.  I'd say she's the best hooker here.  I think she should be the one to hook from now on."

Thanks for the vote of confidence, honey.  I love the innocence of five-year-olds.  And I want to know what my "top hooker of the year" award is going to look like.  Maybe something in a stretch lace?

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm, hmmmm. Congratulations on that, um, prestigious award. Happy hooking, baby!!

    ReplyDelete