Saturday, November 7, 2009

Personal Space

Deep breaths.  Calm, zen, serene.  Today is the first day of the rest of my---

MOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMY

[singsong voice] Yes, my love?

Can you open this?  Can you open this?  Can you open this?  [all without taking a breath or pausing]

Okay.  There you go.

Deep breaths.  I am a tree, swayin--

Mooooooom?

[normal voice, still calm] Yes?

Can I have some candy?

You just had breakfast less than 5 minutes ago.  No.

WHYYYYYY?  WHYYYYY?

You know why.  You just ate.  Ask me again after lunch.

Calm, zen, I am filled with love....

MOMMY?
I'm in here!
Mommy?
I'm in daddy's office!
Mommy???
I'M IN DADDY'S OFFICE!!!
MOMMY??
DADDY'S OFFICE!!!!
[appears in doorway] Mom!

[through clenched teeth]  What?

Um, um, do you know blue fan is?

[momentarily confused, then remembering said fan is broken] I dunno.
Can I work on computer?
Yes, you can use the one in the playroom.
Playroom?
Yes.
You use computer?
Yes.
Oh.  [leaves]

I think it's time to consult Dr. Pepper.  The Budweiser Institute is closed until 8 pm tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day.....lol! I'll trade you for one hour an overenergeticdomesticatedtodochoresaroundthehouse... husband (who thinks everyone should be as enthusiastic for a one child...naw...that would be cruel.....

    ReplyDelete