Sunday, October 25, 2009

Updated Recipe

I was getting started on the cheesecakes I made for yesterday's party, when DD came in the kitchen and asked when I was going to start making the Marshmallow and Chocolate Chip Pie she came up with.  I hemmed and hawed and did some tap dancing, and with DH's help I put the pie experiment off until tonight.

In the kitchen again today, DD and I had a discussion about what would be in the pie.  We agreed it should be a cold pie, so no eggs.  I said we should start by figuring out the crust.  She suggested marshmallows.  Hmm.  I pulled down a couple of tiny soy sauce bowls from the cabinet, and we got to work.  Two marshmallows, spread as thin as marshmallows can be spread, formed the bottom and top crusts.  The filling was as many chocolate chips as one could reasonably cram into the shallow "pie pan."

I guess the simplest recipes are the best.  DD and DS liked the pies very much.  I think, though, that I'm going to declare them a "seasonal" treat.  And the season just ended.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment