Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Just Here for the Marshmallows

We went to DD's school "Math Night" tonight, and it was actually pretty fun.  The teachers came up with some interesting exercises, and it was fun watching my girl smoke her way through all of them.  I'm her mother and everything, but dang that kid is smart.

But the absolute best exercise was creating a graph out of Halloween marshmallows sorted by color.  I tried to "explore deeper"and turn it into a math problem by asking how many white ones we'd have to eat to match the number of orange ones.  Next thing you know she looked like a chipmunk preparing for winter, and I was left wishing I had faster fingers.  It's getting serious.  She's beating me to the processed sugary goodness.  I'm not ready for the apprentice to surpass the master.

No comments:

Post a Comment