Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rage in this machine

I felt so angry this morning that I could barely sit still.  Imagine screaming full-blast without taking a breath for five whole minutes.  Stop and really imagine it, five minutes with no lessening of intensity or volume.  Were I to do that, it wouldn't capture the depth of this feeling.  That's what happens, I guess, when you spend 36 years of your life not allowing yourself to feel the way you really feel.

Oh, I'm spoiling for a target this morning, some legitimate target that I can unload on, but I don't think I'm likely to find one.  The sticking point is "legitimate."  Many targets abound, from minor annoyances to systemic frustrations to really, really difficult people.  But I feel thermonuclear, and unless I run across a kid-diddling, kitten-stomping terrorist ripe for a beat-down, I think I'll have to find another outlet.  I have to find some way to dissipate this feeling.  I really, really do.  I am just about out of storage space.

No comments:

Post a Comment