Friday, January 22, 2010

Kryptonite

Okay, so I have too much time on my hands during my daily commute.  Today's topic:  why do cars have an erotic fascination?  I mean, it's one thing to say that chicks dig a dude in a hot car purely because said dude probably has a lot of money and can show one a good time.  It's quite another to explain a visceral reaction to the car itself.  I think I can understand a little better why guys -- or anyone, for that matter -- can get so into particular models of cars.  Something speaks to you.  I just don't understand what it is.  It's just a collection of metal (and fiberglass and plastic) parts stuck together.  What's the big deal?

But it's there.  My first love was the classic 60's Mustang.  Trite, true, but man that's one fine car.  I have to sheepishly admit that I dated one guy far longer than I would have otherwise just because he had one.  Yellow, with a black rag top.  That was a great car.  My current obsession is the Dodge Charger.  Not that sexy of a car, in the stereotypical muscle car type of way, but there's something about it that makes me want to hit the mountain roads, window down and music pumping.

Which leads me to say that I think I've hit upon the recipe for my own personal Kryptonite.  DH, if you were to pose casually against a Dodge Charger, dab the scent of freshly drying laundry behind each ear and engage in witty banter, I don't think I could resist.  Especially if there are brownies there too.  Just sayin'.

- The TMI Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment